Oracle Certificate Professional Preparation

I passed my Oracle Database 10g Certified Associate (OCA) on the beginning of 2006. After busy on my work several months. I started to prepare my Oracle Database 10g Administrator Certified Professional (OCP) exam.

This is my OCP exam studying dairy. I hope can share something to anyone whom want to take the OCP exam.


Tuesday, August 01, 2006

RMAN Retention Policy

2 types of retention policy

1. Recovery Window
CONFIGURE RETENTION POLICY TO RECOVERY WINDOW OF 7 DAYS

SYSDATE - checkpoint_time <= RECOVERY WINDOW

This means, it is possible to discover logical error and fix affected object by point-in-time reovery to just before the error occurs

2. Redundancy
Always has the number of redundacy of data file backup. A backup can deemed when the more recently backup of the data file has been backup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home