Oracle Certificate Professional Preparation

I passed my Oracle Database 10g Certified Associate (OCA) on the beginning of 2006. After busy on my work several months. I started to prepare my Oracle Database 10g Administrator Certified Professional (OCP) exam.

This is my OCP exam studying dairy. I hope can share something to anyone whom want to take the OCP exam.


Monday, July 31, 2006

RMAN connect TARGET / CATALOG / NOCATALOG / AUXILIARY

RMAN can connecting to database has 3 purpose

> RMAN TARGET /
> RMAN TARGET / NOCATALOG
> RMAN TRAGET user/password@orclA NOTACATLOG user/password@orclB AUXILIARY user/password@orclC

1. TARGET
Target database that will be backup

2. CATALOG / NOCATALOG
NOCATALOG is default setting for RMAN to store the backup meta data to the Control file in the target database

CATALOG can specific another database that will have RMAN Repsoitory that can store the backup meta data and the backup file of the target database

3. AUXILIARY
Duplicate database for
- redudantency backup
- tablespace Point in time backup

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home